Thursday, November 15, 2007

What do we mean by 'environment'?

What do we mean by ‘environment’?

I thought a blog about where I’m coming from might be useful...

The environment covers everything outside of our own bodies that effects how we interact. To state the obvious, it’s a massive thing.

I think in this cave we are focusing on environmentalism. By that I mean a concern for the environment around us. Concern being the key word here. We’re concerned about the type of changes happening and the rate at which they’re occurring. And environmentalism covers three branches (no pun intended):

1) The natural environment: nice trees, flowing rivers – things like that. Anything that isn’t man-made.



2) The built environment: no points for guessing what I mean by this…


3) And finally, the social environment. The people around that we interact with (or not, if they happen to be annoying)

No comments: